It has been said that it takes 21 days of constant action to change a behavior or create a new habit. Many times we want something different, but the old tapes keep playing in our heads that prevent us from achieving our goals and dreams. This can range from trying to lose 10 pounds to gaining the courage to start your work from home business.
The truth is that going from employee to entrepreneur can be a bit scary. However, one of the ways to reduce fear and increase success is to draw on the wisdom and experience of others who have been successful in life.
Some may be famous and some may not. However, the wisdom if you choose to listen can help you create a paradigm shift in thinking that is the foundation of massive success. I’ve always liked hearing from the champions who have gone before.
Here are 21 quotes I’ve often thought of that I used to inspire me to downsize my boss and it can do the same for you.
1. From time to time, people really realize that they don’t have to experience the world in the way that they have been told. — Alan Keightley
Did they tell you to go to school and get a good job? I was. Although I know my mother meant well and thought I was preparing myself to access the pearly gates of success, she couldn’t know how things would change.
However, did you know you wanted more? And you? Remember, you don’t have to settle for 60-hour workweeks, 30-minute commutes, your kids in daycare, or relocating with the promise of career advancement. You don’t have to be part of the routine … the rat race.
2. You will never change your life until you change something you do every day. — Mike Murdock
Are you afraid to start? It may seem overwhelming, but if you focus on simply daily actions, the big goals will solve themselves.
3. No one lives long enough to learn everything you need to learn from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely and positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things we need to learn to achieve our goals —. Brian tracy
Get help right out of the box. Find a mentor, coach, mastermind, or become part of a community that will help support your success. You want to become a lifelong learner. Attend seminars and training camps in your area of expertise. When you learn from successful people and model their activities, you will get your results.
4. By pushing yourself beyond your perceived confidence level, you accelerate the development of your competence. — Michael J. Gelb
The only way to gain confidence in a certain area is to act. It is in action that you will begin to have small victories that will increase your level of success.
5. If you don’t program yourself, life will program you! — The Browns
Don’t let other people make decisions for your life. If you don’t have any plans, you will create wealth during your working years, your employer will. Don’t have a retirement plan? Not that government is their strategy. Remember, it is your life and it is now or never.
6. There are two main options in life: accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them. — Denis Waitley
No matter what your current conditions are, you have the opportunity to change them. However, this can only happen if you take full responsibility for the direction of your life. If you don’t like where you are, forgive yourself and focus on solutions. Don’t focus on the problems or why you think something can’t happen. Start asking powerful questions, the answers will start to appear.
7. Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a complete, total person, not a learner on his way to another place. Your integrity must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality. — Dr. Wayne Dyer
8. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that scares us the most. Who are we NOT to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in all of us. — Marianne Williamson
When I first heard this quote, tears came to my eyes. What talent or gift do you have that you are allowing fear to rob you of achievement? Doing what you were called to do is bigger than you. You are unique and sharing your gift with someone could make a difference in their life. Are you playing too small? Are you in a job that doesn’t demand you? What can you do to make a difference?
9. You will see things you “never knew you never knew.” — Disney’s Pocahontas
The journey and the search for freedom allows you to see the world in a different way from others. As you grow, you will naturally see opportunities that others cannot see. Jason Oman, author of Conversation with Millionaires, calls it “Money Goggles.” Even if you are in a completely dark room, you will have infrared vision in the money-making opportunity creation area.
10. A different world cannot be built by indifferent people. — Peter Marshall
You cannot have what you want in life by being indifferent. Successful people are passionate and sometimes radical in pursuit of their dreams. Don’t allow yourself to be in environments that discourage you.
11. What do you like to do? If you don’t like it, get out of there, because you’ll be lousy at that. You don’t have to stay with a job for the rest of your life, because if you don’t like it, you will never be successful at it. — Lee Iacocca
Why would you spend most of your waking hours doing something you don’t like? The key to success is finding something you like and setting the standard for excellence.
12. Simply making consistent investments in our knowledge and self-education banks pays huge dividends throughout our lives. — Jim Rohn
The self-education I pursued after college has been my biggest return on investment. There is something to be said when you develop skills that you know will help you in any economy. Specialized knowledge applied with all the massive results will yield significant financial and emotional rewards.
13. Finding your purpose may be a lifelong quest or you may have discovered it when you were 5 years old. There is no absolute timeline for anyone. That’s a good reason to never give up, to keep discovering things every day. — Donald Trump
If you haven’t figured out your life purpose, don’t be hard on yourself. Start asking yourself questions and enter a discovery process. Allow yourself to dream without worrying about how you will do it. Every time you think you have found the answer, go a little deeper with more questions. Rarely are your true goals, purposes, and desires on the surface of your soul. Many times they have been saved for storage to protect against disappointment. Keep discovering new things until your purpose is crystal clear.
14. What material success does is give you the ability to focus on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in the lives of other people. — Oprah Winfrey
When you get money out of the way, your world expands even more. Oprah exemplifies this principle. Now you are looking for ways to help others in everything you do. Whether it’s to provide more support for your family or contribute to a worthy cause, having freedom as a home-based entrepreneur will allow you to make your mark on the world.
15. The world cares very little what a man or woman knows; it is what man or woman can do. — Booker T. Washington
So what can create and add value to the world? I love this quote because it shows very clearly that what matters is the results at the end of the day. Don’t get caught up in theories. Make sure you are constantly taking steps that move you toward a specific goal.
16. Action carries risks and costs. But they are far less than the long-term risks of comfortable inaction. — John F. Kennedy
Are you so afraid of failing that you can’t get out of the box? Do not be. Many people have “failed” on their way to millionaire empires. It is better to do something and be wrong than to do nothing. When you choose to do nothing, someone else usually makes a decision that affects you, and you end up doing something you don’t want to do.
17. I don’t believe in the circumstances. The people who get along in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want. –George Bernard Shaw
Luck does not exist. You create luck by working and preparing for the opportunity. When you start dating, the universe returns you. Make sure you are clear about your intentions and then go ahead and make it happen.
19. It is not the hours you dedicate to your work that counts, it is the work you dedicate to your hours. — Sam Ewing
You have the same 24 hours a day as Bills Gate and Oprah. Don’t sabotage yourself by saying, “Well, they can do it because they’re rich.” Unless you inherit wealth, there is a price everyone must pay. You don’t have to work all day on your job from Empire. However, you must consistently put in time if you want to be successful.
20. You must do what you think you cannot do. — Eleanor
One of the best gifts you can give yourself is doing something that you think you can’t do. It doesn’t have to be huge. A simple act of courage goes a long way toward increasing your confidence in every area of your life.
21. You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you prefer to be. — Dexter Yager
Until you know what your purpose is, you run the risk of staying in a job that slowly eats away at you. Why? You just don’t have a strong enough goal to quit your current job. When the goal is strong enough, it will search to find the answers.